Friday, October 26, 2007

Great! You're hired!

Good morning... What can I get for you?

I'd like to share a little story about an interaction that happened while I was an assistant manager at Starbucks.

My first store was located in a college town. So needless to say, we had an abundance of applications. Well, one particular day, we had an applicant come in and drop off her application. The thing was folded... wrinkled... had what appeared to be a pizza or ketchup stain on it.

Now, I know what you're thinking... but, no... that wasn't the turnoff. She walks up to the bar, hands me the application and says...

"Here's my application... it's really crappy and I haven't worked much and I probably won't get hired anyway, but here it is..."

The store manager (it was Cole Hiatus) looks at me... then her... and says in a sarcastic tone...

"Great! You're hired!"

As sad as that interaction was... on both sides of the fence... it still makes me laugh.

OK... have a good weekend... I made you a little something to get you by. (If you get a Flash error message, just click through it... a bug with JIBJAB embed)



Pat Nerr...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content