Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Cheer Chain

Good Morning... Can I get you some Cheer?

The holidays should be in full swing at Starbucks... All of the pre-approved, non-denominational, Holiday-esque decorations should be installed per the Siren's Eye guidelines...

Does anyone else smell a Rockwell moment?

Much to my enjoyment... the It's Red Again site is up and we're all asked to Pass the Cheer . To do this you only need to go to the site, enter in your e-mail address (which then is used to target you for ads) and Pass the Cheer to another "friend" by giving out their e-mail address so they too can receive the paper cheer.

My pal, Rudy passed me some Cheer yesterday which I then passed on to someone else. Which got me to thinking... Should the readers here get together and create the largest Pass the Cheer chain ever? In the message box you can only enter one word to which the next person will be inspired to add their own word... and so on...

I hear that some Cheer efforts will be bigger than others... such as paying the tolls for a day at one particular toll bridge... or adding 5 bucks to registered Starbucks card owners (who have used their cards in the last 4 weeks)... I understand that most of the executives have been piloting the Cheer program for the last few years... with things like Summers in the Hamptons, new cars, houses, bonuses, pony rides on the company jet... and Kosher snacks from the courtesy fridge at fine Hotel chains around the world... Cheery huh?

Back in April I saw this campaign coming together while working on another project. The designer was kind enough to share some of the other slogans on the drawing board:
  • Holiday... It's not just for Q1 anymore
  • Open your wallets... Christmas is here!
  • Have a Holiday drink on us... (plus $4.25 shipping and handling)
  • Cheer... It's not just for Q5 anymore
  • It's the Holidays... Now give us some money
  • Pass us some money, we'll pass you some Cheer
  • Is that Cheer in your pocket or are you just happy to see us?
  • We're Starbucks... We invented Cheer... and copyrighted it
  • Christmas Blend... Yes, we still sell coffee
  • I smell Cheer... Oh, that's cuz Starbucks farted
So Pass some Cheer and let me know if you want to create the worlds largest chain... I think there might be a free drink in it for ya...

Or not...

This has been Pat Nerr... Passing the Cheer

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content