Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Filler Up... Room for cream

Good morning... What can I get for you?

Yesterday I made a stop at my local store to get my coffee. The line was moderately long and moving slow. Sadly, I didn't see many happy faces in line. I didn't see many happy ones behind the counter either.

Was there something I was missing??

I overheard the lady in front of me say something to her antsy child. It was something like... "Just hold still, they'll get to us soon enough.'

So, as usual, I began to think. Has Starbucks become just a gas station? You may laugh, but I remember a day when Starbucks was "a treat" for folks... AND a necessity. What was once a special stop is now no more than a stop at the gas station experience.
  • Get in line
  • Fillerup
  • Price shop to see if Chevron is cheaper than Shell
  • Bitch about the fact that prices are so high, but your hands are tied cuz you need it so bad
Like gas... The problem being that there are many gas stations now and unfortunately in tough times folks will go to the fella across the street with the cheaper price... in this case, McDonalds.

Bring back the special experience... word will travel... people will come back.

Hope you enjoyed the photo today... we'll see you tomorrow.

Pat Nerr...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content