Monday, December 17, 2007

Let it Snow!

Good morning... What can I get for you?

Welcome back... Let me take this opportunity to remind you that you have only eight days to get your additional 20% off at Starbucks until Christmas.

Here's a short Green Apron Story "Weekend Edition" to warm us up for the main event today. On Saturday morning, I happened to be wearing a Starbucks Earthday T-Shirt when I got my 2-year old up from sleeping. He promptly points to the logo on my sleeve and says "Coffee Daddy!"...

Oh Jeeze...

So let me share with you my favorite snowy time Starbucks story... The first winter at my first store (as a manager) we experienced a giant snowstorm. Enough to collapse buildings in the area and pretty much shut most business down with exception of the grocery store and some other essential places. Now this store I was at drew all of it's partners from the surrounding neighborhoods. With the exception of myself and one of my shifts (the pot smoker)... most partners were able to walk to work.

At 5:30am sharp, my openers are there... warming things up and lovingly stacking pastries... By the time I showed up, there was a line out the door... the commuters had arrived to brave the I-5 commute. We worked through the line and gave the first round of breaks. I brought in my NBA-style mop to keep our glistening floors dry and safe... Not bad for a snow day.

9:00am rolls around and I get a call from my shift (pot smoker) needing a ride from her house so she can run the close... It was slow enough for me to go get her. On our way back we realized just how bad it was... cars all over... abandoned. I offered to come get her at closing to make sure she got home safe.

As we roll into the parking lot we both saw something we'd never forget. Along the front of the store were parked pairs of X-country skis, sleds and even an Iditarod-type sled with about 6 dogs tied up to it... and the line was out the door.

Coolest thing I ever saw at a Starbucks... and one of the busiest days we ever had there...

The next day, the roof of the QFC were were attached to caved in partially... We were asked to close the store until they could get it repaired. I'll never forget the sight though...

We'll see you tomorrow for your usual...

Pat Nerr...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content