Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fortune's Top 100

Good morning...

Well, I'm sure you all heard that Starbucks made it all the way to 7th place on Fortune Magazine's Top 100 Best Companies to Work for. I find my self thinking... huh??

In what is arguably their worst year ever, they've become the 7th Best Place to Work??

I guess I don't understand the criteria that they use to decide these kinds of things...

Particularly of note is the 230 hours/year allotment for Professional Development that is called out under benefits. Based on a 2000 work hour year, that means that 11.5% of a full-time employees work time is spent on Professional Development?? And that is meant as a question??

Perhaps a partner from the Fortune 100 "team" can enlighten me on how they come up with this number?

Thoughts anyone??

But seriously though... nice work...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content