Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Holiday Part 1

Good morning... What can I get for you?

Well, the Nerr Family is safe and sound in Tennessee and getting ready to go to the Apple Orchard today. Which reminds reminds me of a story... not really... but it seemed like a good intro.

Today's story comes from my Starbucks Holiday™ at Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, WA. I was the assistant manager there for that holiday and it was short-term assignment as no manager could really stomach more than one Starbucks Holiday™ there. To give you an idea, the usual partner count for that store was around 14-16 partners and during Starbucks Holiday™ we ramped up by hiring another 12-15 partners and then 5 or 6 temps to help run the merch booth.

Oh... I forgot to tell you that the back room was tiny... I mean tiny.... and all of our merchandise was stored off site about 4 miles away in a warehouse we had to rent for the season.

OK... so the manager and I routinely put in 14-18 hour days there during Starbucks Holiday™ and by Christmas Eve I was down for the count... couldn't even talk. I resorted to selling things via sign language. I needed some time off... it would require at least 2 days to get my voice back. Those 2 days I took off would result in a big eye-opener for me...

ok... I'm going to make this a 2-parter because the next part is too good to distract you with on Halloween.

We'll see you tomorrow for the rest of the story...

Pat Nerr...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content