Thursday, November 1, 2007

Holiday Part 2

Good morning... What can I get for you?

Oh yeah, right... the rest of the story.

So I had 2 days off and returned to work the 10am-10pm shift. When I arrived there was all sorts of panic, as the store manager called in one of our shift supervisors to fill his shift. (To go golfing as I found out afterwards). I started to ask some questions about the last 2 days and discovered that he had asked others to fill his shifts the 2 days prior as well... both of them weren't even management partners.

That's when I started to panic... Holy Crap! He didn't take care of the last 2 days of deposits. Not many people know this... and for good reason. The manager's work station will not let you count a deposit that's 2 days old. I was in a panic... well, sort of. I called in some favors and brought in 2 partners to cover my shift so I could deal with the deposits.

So, I set about straightening out the money mess... getting drop dates correct... stacking money... etc. I needed to get this to the bank before 3pm. I thought it might be a good idea to give the DM a call to let him know there would be some reporting discrepancies. By 2:45 I was just about ready to leave for the bank. Total deposit... $48,320.

I think someone was going to get a "What, What Why"...

See you tomorrow for your usual... We're headed off to the Huddle House for some coffee.

Pat Nerr...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content