Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another partner story

Good morning... What can I get for you?

As I stood in line yesterday for my usual, I was reminded of a fella named "Ryan" who worked for me. It was the lady in front of me who ordered a Venti Breve and then had to explain to the barista that the drink contained steamed half and half that sparked the memory.

Ryan was the son of that famous manager I told you about in the Competition story. That should paint the picture as to why he behaved the way he did... apples don't really fall far from the tree. Ryan was a sturdy guy... a fan of fitness and weightlifting, he was constantly educating us on the nutritional aspects of Starbucks drinks and pastries. He had a quick fuse as well...

So this one particular day at our busy mall store, the line was particularly long... so long it required those velvet ropes to guide the customers to the register. Ryan was working the bar when a lady walked up and ordered two grande breves...

Ryan: Ma'am are those both for you?

Lady: Yes, one for now and then I keep one for my lunch because I can't get back over here.

Ryan: Ma'am, I need to tell you that there's alot of fat and calories in both of these and I'd suggest that you make one or both of them non-fat...

So, yes, Ryan and I had to have a conversation... and yes, it didn't go well... and yes, his mother had to step in and use her influence to make sure Ryan could keep a job with Starbucks... but not working for me...

We'll see you tomorrow for your usual... just make sure it's non-fat alright.

Pat Nerr...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content