Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day Sale!

Good morning... What can I get for you?

As the dust subsides from the Christmas festivities, I thought today would be a good day to share a little background story from about a year ago... when I still was enjoying "All-You-Can-Drink" coffee at work.

It was about a year ago, that the idea for this place and THIS PLACE came to me. A guided space for partners and customers to learn about the good things at Starbucks. A place for partners to connect with each other all over the country (and world for that matter). To share some of their experiences and challenges... and triumphs. I thought... Why has nobody created this? Why is this not important as the company grows? Why are there still paper Mission Review cards from a company that touts a commitment to the environment? Why has so much been spent on surveys to tell the company how partners feel during a brief moment in time when these technologies exist for little or no money. Why has nothing been done to connect partners using current technology and how can leadership even be remotely disturbed that partners shared "the letter" on Starbucks Gossip?

Not knowing much about building these spaces, I set about on learning how the space works using open-source forums and and blogs. How to set them up... how to build up an audience... how to get the word out.

So we're here now... 6 months of stories. Regular readership... and now for the next step. A forum... It is exactly how I envisioned the merging of Customer Snapshot, Mission Review and MyPartner Career taking place... and using some technology.

We'll have another story tomorrow... I just thought I'd share with you the birth of this idea...

Pat Nerr...

OH Jeeze! The hits keep coming...

No comments:

Welcome Message

What's this space worth?


My blog is worth $6,209.94.
How much is your blog worth?

300x250 Ads

Creative Commons License

125x125 Ads

Featured Content